Customer Service Representative
Patient Services Representative
Location: Winter Park, CO
Start Date: 10.2.2023
Schedule: 3 days/week (12 hour shifts)
Requirements: Must be vaccinated for COVID/Flu and pass a drug screen
• Answers telephone inquiries; screens calls; routes calls and takes messages
• Collects co-payment, point-of-service payment, deposits, and other payments, issue receipts and balance cash drawers.
• Works to properly identify patients to increase clean claims and minimize errors associated with misidentification.
• Completes documentation for uninsured patients seeking emergency care, to include CICP and Emergency Medicaid.
• Coordinate bed assignment, transfers, and discharges through various applications and maintain communications with inpatient nursing units and nursing supervisors.
• Verifies and updates patient demographics information and billing insurance information for new and existing patients.
• Calls insurance companies for treatment authorization and benefit information.
• Disseminated direct admit information to other Patient Access personnel for proper screening and insurance verification.
• Maintain quality assurance scores of 98% or higher in conjunction with department expectations.
• 1-3 years years of customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Organization and Attention to detail
• Effective communication
• Ability to prioritize workflow and determine priority
• Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of tasks at one time
• Ability to enter data quickly and accurately
• Ability to complete daily work by the end of the shift
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team
• Ability to type 25 wpm.