Data Engineer (REMOTE $125-145,000/year)
Our client, a post-seed health analytics startup is looking for an experienced data engineer to help enhance the ETL pipeline infrastructure necessary to power data-driven insights for physicians to help them provide more effective and efficient care.
Healthcare costs and inefficiencies are one of the largest problems facing the United States, and improving healthcare quality can affect humanity on a global scale.
Our client has the data, partners, and domain experts to help lead the transition to a sustainable health and economic model for the industry. They’re backed by leading healthtech VCs and have strong traction among some of the nation’s most advanced hospitals. We need someone to add their skills and problem-solving abilities to make this vision a reality.
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
They’re looking for a data engineer to join a growing and productive team. As they grow, they will need someone with the skills and experience to take ownership of several functional areas surrounding the healthcare data pipeline, driving them forward both with their prolific contributions and leadership of others.
The ideal candidate has an architectural mindset, can evaluate system-wide platform decisions, and can help set long-term company-wide technical strategy. They are a formidable engineer, a mentor to others, and are capable of assessing and making difficult tradeoffs.
They are comfortable working in Python and working with an evolving AWS DevOps infrastructure that supports intake, validation, replay, and monitoring of large volumes of critical healthcare data. They are interested in doing deep research to choose the best tool for the job. The ideal candidate is comfortable stepping into new challenges as the company scales and needs to build a stable infrastructure supporting greater volumes.
The candidate will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
· 4 years ETL Data management experience – Moving large quantities of data
· through a multi-stage pipeline
· 4 years Python experience w/ TDD & CI
· Dev Ops – Familiarity with basic software infrastructure, including AWS and
container management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
· Security – Understand the principles of securing and managing sensitive
data; background with HIPAA or other protected data a plus
· Communication – Able to effectively communicate technology strategy to the
executive team and across roles within the company
· Ownership – Proven track record of reliably delivering high-quality results without supervision, both individually and as a team
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
· Healthcare domain knowledge
· Experience with Airflow
· PostgreSQL, Redshift
· Full-stack web – experience building data-driven single-page applications
· (React preferred) and the back-end APIs that power them
Our client has a team of physicians, data scientists, economists, and health technologists committed to high-value care. We are passionate about our work and have a strong culture of healthy debate and challenging ideas. You should expect to receive challenging, nuanced, thought-provoking reactions to your work, and we are looking for a candidate who can thrive and participate in this kind of environment while staying action-oriented. We have fun together, with regular office happy hours and quarterly retreats, but we are also committed to diversity of lifestyles and to supporting work-life balance.