Desktop Support Specialist
Job Type: 4-Month Contract to Hire
Location: On-site in Aurora, CO (225 & Colfax)
Onboarding Requirements: Must be COVID and Flu vaccinated, also must be able to pass drug/background screening
We are supporting one of the most reputable enterprise organizations in Colorado. They offer an unparalleled mission and work environment, and this team is at the forefront of mission-critical technical support. If you are looking for an opportunity in technology where you will interact with amazing users/customers every day with plenty of ever-changing challenges, we want to talk with you! Duties include analyzing, installing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting client systems, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices (desk phones, PCDs, conference room phones, analog phones, etc.).
- Installs, maintains and repairs computer hardware and related peripheral equipment, software and network infrastructure.
- Installs and repairs voice, data, and video communications systems, new PCs, and label printers.
- Provides technical troubleshooting and escalation. Resolves problems or refers to IT Engineers.
- Reviews assignee tickets in the ticketing system; prioritizing, documenting, and communicating appropriately based on our Service Level Agreement.
- Maintains an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work.
- Responds to user complaints with telecommunications voice and data networks, diagnoses problem utilizing end user input and coordinates with internal telecommunications staff and IT Engineers to resolve problems. Follows up with users to ensure problem resolution.
- Adheres to IT policies, procedures and protocols.
- Communicates issues or possible risks to management, end users and IT staff.
- Provides support for supported systems and infrastructure. Establishes and fosters ongoing relationships with assigned groups.
- Eligible to participate in the on-call rotation
Technical Skills Needed:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Office (native) and Office 365
- Dell and HP hardware
- HP Network Printers
- PXE Boot knowledge
- Citrix Thin/Thick/Zero client experience
- SharePoint (documentation)
- Ticketing system experience
- Mobile Device troubleshooting