MuleSoft Software Developer
Backend Software Engineer
Location: REMOTE (Travel to Denver, CO at least twice a year)
Terms: Direct Hire (fully benefited FTE)
What is the role?
This role architects, develops, and maintains API’s using cloud native MuleSoft and Java REST API to support business tools such as online banking and Salesforce. This individual will have hands-on experience with MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform and Java IDE.
What will be expected of me?
- Apply API-led connectivity concepts to business initiatives to help achieve goals with APIs.
- Integrate with internal and external third-party Java REST API’s and SOA web services to achieve desired business objectives.
- Oversee all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, transition, and support.
- Document all technical and system specifications for all API’s.
- Partner with business owners, product owners, technical SMEs, technology architects, IT specialists, and operations staff to understand appropriate business strategies and objectives and ensue alignment of APIs to be developed.
- Design and implement processes to support API architectures, including logging, configuration management, and error handling.
- Participates in business unit meetings sharing ideas, proposing solutions, and assisting in clarifying data queries, data analysis, and reports.
- Participate in DevOps processes such as code promotion, continuous integration / continuous deployment, and source control.
- Design and develop scalable, enterprise-wide API solutions.
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to lower-level professionals.
What I’m bringing…
- 7+ years’ experience designing, testing, and deploying REST API’s
- 5+ years in technical development with some experience with these types of activities:
- Designing and developing APIs from specification to implementation in Java and MuleSoft AnyPoint Platform
- AnyPoint DataWeave
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with backend services written in Java
- Swagger, RAML, and/or OAS (Open API Spec)
- AnyPoint API Designer
- AnyPoint Exchange
- AnyPoint API Portal
- AnyPoint Studio
- Developing custom connectors for mule exchange.
- Experience with securing APIs, Using connectors like Salesforce, Splunk, Elasticsearch, and Kinesis
- SSL/mTLS/SAML Certificate and Authentication
- Authentication Methods like OAuth 2.0, AuthServer, and OpenID Connect
- BS/BA or Advanced degree (preferred) in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, or other Computational Science) or equivalent years of related development work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Expert level of MuleSoft and Java expected.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate data solutions to diverse credit union audience.
- Ability to initiate and drive discussions with business partners to identify opportunities for report development and automation.
- Experience at defining requirements, analyzing requirements, developing estimates, designing, and developing solutions.
- Ability developing end-to-end big data solutions covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for users.
- Experience with OLAP development and reporting, preferably with SSAS.
- Analyze requirements to provide data solutions to address any technical problems.
- Designing, building, and enhancing dimensional models for fast dash-boarding and analysis.
- Must maintain high-level of confidentiality.
- Accountable for managing large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager.
- Routinely uses significant judgment on moderate to complex business problems.
- Subject matter expert with advanced understanding of functional area and a competent. understanding of the overall organization and competitive environment.
- Proactively negotiates across departments. Influences others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with OLAP development and reporting, preferably with SSAS
- Design, build, and enhance dimensional models for fast dashboarding and analysis