Senior Data Engineer – Remote
Senior Software Engineer – Data Acquisition
– FULL TIME/ Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for a Senior Engineer to help their Data Acquisition Team build out a robust and scalable data ingestion and integration platform. As a senior member of this new team, you’ll have lots of opportunities to help shape the direction of its services, pipelines, and more.
The team is comprised of data nerds on a mission to empower their customers to smartly grow their businesses. And they’re looking for people with a broad range of experiences and perspectives, who are excited by our mission, values, and drive to change the short-term rental market. They invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. They carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Build out a platform to easily accommodate existing and new API-based data integrations
- Work with real-time and batch data sources, at scale
- Build and maintain services that power internal tools used by operations teams
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to a small but quickly growing team of engineers
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to plan and scope work
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- 7+ years of Python experience
- 3+ years working moving data over APIs
- Experience orchestrating workflows with Airflow
- Experience translating data between native schemas and ontologies
- The ability to build robust applications that account for performance, data durability, workflow recoverability, operational observability, validation, confidence, and security
- A customer and team-first attitude
Here’s what would be nice to have:
- Experience with Kafka, and message/event-driven workflows
- Experience with scraping
- Distributed data processing experience, ideally using Spark
- Experience with, or an interest in learning Scala
- Experience inspecting data with command-line tools
They are a tight-knit group of engineers, scientists, and creatives that are driven to empower the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. In short: Life is never boring here.
And they genuinely live and breathe the company values: Be Curious, Be Customer-Obsessed, Take Action, Act with Ownership, and Enjoy the Ride.