Systems Administrator (Hybrid $85-90K/year)
What is the role?
The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining on-premises and cloud applications, servers, storage, and network equipment. The position reports to the IT Infrastructure Manager and will be expected to plan, install, configure, and manage all aspects of IT infrastructure to ensure reliable, secure, and cost-effective delivery of services. This position will also ensure proper collaboration with members of all IT groups to ensure connectivity and compatibility between all systems.
Location: Hybrid (office located near Alameda & Colorado Boulevard)
Terms: Direct Hire
What will be expected of me?
· Design, configure, deploy, and maintain applications, servers, storage, and some network solutions, both on-premises and in the cloud.
· Proactively work to improve reliability, stability, and security of the cloud and on-premises environments.
· Perform troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity planning.
· Create and update documentation.
· Work with business lines, IT and developers to deploy and maintain applications, including hardening and vulnerability remediation.
· Research and evaluate new hardware and software solutions.
· Provides Tier 2 technical support to other departments, including other positions within the IT Department.
· Performs on site and remote technical support for IT infrastructure, including on-call coverage to ensure system availability.
· Responsible for ensuring vulnerability remediation for applications are completed in proper SLA timeframes.
· Participates in periodic disaster recovery testing.
· 3+ years’ experience in IT systems administration or systems engineering roles.
· Hypervisors like VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, or Citrix Hypervisor.
· VDI solutions such as Azure Virtual Desktop, VMware Horizon or Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
· General knowledge of switching and routing vendors such as Cisco, HPE/Aruba, Juniper, or Dell.
· NGFWs such as Palo Alto or Fortinet.
· MDM solutions such as JAMF, Microsoft Intune, or VMware Workspace ONE.
· Familiarity with cloud computing environments such as AWS or Azure.
· Configuration of SAML identity providers such as Okta, Duo, or ADFS.
- Experience monitoring, maintenance and management of Microsoft SQL database servers and clusters.
· Knowledge of monitoring solutions such as PRTG, Nagios XI, or SolarWinds Orion.
· Experience in an agile environment and working with tools such as Jira, Workfront, or Trello.
· Previous financial services experience is preferred.