IT Procurement Officer (Remote)
IT Procurement Officer
6 Month Contract to Hire
Pay rate during contract period is $60-65/Hour
Our client is a top 25 professional services firm with CPA heritage offering expertise across diverse capabilities within public & private industries.
The Procurement Contracting Officer is responsible for all aspects of contracting transactions from initiation to contract closeout for the centralized procurement of Information Technology (IT) commodities or services for Enterprise IT and/or Focus Areas. The incumbent analyzes procurement requirements, market conditions, the contractor's responsibility, and problems which arise.
- Serves as lead on IT procurement matters
- Manage invitations to Bid, Invitations to Quote and Request for Proposal/Qualifications and, occasionally, Invitations to Negotiate
- Reviews and approves requisitions to maximize compliance with applicable regulations and assure best value for the company
- Develops procurement plans by reviewing previous history, market conditions, and specifications or technical data packages
- Determines adequacy and completeness of description, which involves research of various manuals and catalogs, or discussions with manufacturers' representatives of requisitioning sources to identify and initiate any corrective actions required
- Prepares and issues solicitation documents, including: selecting appropriate clauses, ensuring clear and complete specifications, and serves as a central point of contact on assigned procurements
- Seeks maximum competition for assigned projects by compiling bidders' list, maintaining knowledge of suppliers, contacts with trade associations, local resources or other sources as necessary to maximize competition
- Performs detailed analysis of proposals received, including responsiveness, compliance, cost tabulations, total cost of ownership
- Prepares recommendations for award, documenting reasons for decisions including justifying basis for not recommending lowest bidder
- In negotiated procurements, is lead on the negotiations process complying with all applicable regulations pertaining to negotiations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with specialization in business, public administration or a related field.
- Three (3) years procurement experience.
- Ability for effective oral and written communication.
- Acceptable combination of the above.
- Preference will be given to candidates with professional certification (CPPO, CPPB, CPM).
If hired without certification, continued employment is contingent upon the incumbent getting professional certification (CCPO, CPPB, CPM) within two (2) years of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of formal advertising and negotiated bid procedures sufficient to obtain specialized supplies, equipment, services for the company
- Knowledge of a limited range of contract types, such as fixed-price or cost reimbursement and required clauses and special provisions, to plan and carry out the procurement and to recommend award
- Knowledge of sources of supply and characteristics of assigned commodities or services sufficient to identity potential suppliers, assure adequate competition, and evaluate bid responsiveness and responsibility of the bidders
- Knowledge of price analysis sufficient to review contractor proposals and bids, and to perform analyses using previous price history, commercial price lists, market prices, or technical catalogs to assure reasonableness of prices
- Skilled in techniques to negotiate contract prices and terms with contractors
- Skilled in establishing cooperative and productive working relationships
- Skilled at setting priorities for competing projects
- Skilled in interpersonal relations
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and associated programs and applications necessary for successful job performance
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Strong to excellent analytical and communications skills
- Skilled at identifying rules, principles or relationships that explain facts, data or other information, analyzing information and making correct inferences or drawing accurate conclusions
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments
- Ability to analyze data and prepare recommendations
- Ability to use independent judgment and creativity to resolve contract issues
- Ability to excel within the team environment
- Ability to compose cogent, concise and complete written reports or assignments
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement several projects simultaneously
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate reports
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion interpreting internal company rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to discern and extract pertinent facts from verbal and written guidelines, policies and procedures, and apply them to a variety of situations
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity in the community
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.