Senior Full Stack Developer
Location: REMOTE (travel to Denver twice a year)
Terms: Full-time direct hire
Compensation: $135-155,000/year (approximately 5% annual bonus based on company performance)
This role architects, develops, and maintains front end and back-end banking platforms. Acting as the lead developer, you will work closely with Product Owners and UX Designers to put innovative designs and user experiences into motion. Our client focuses on easy-to-use interfaces and solutions that allow our members to easily access and move their money. The systems that you will work with include online banking, origination systems and employee interfaces.
What will be expected of me?
- Apply modern frameworks and architectures to business initiatives to help achieve Digital Experience goals.
- Oversee all phases of the development life cycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, transition, and support.
- Document all technical and system specifications.
- Partner with business owners, product owners, technical SMEs, technology architects, IT specialists, and operations staff to understand appropriate business strategies and objectives and ensue alignment of solutions to be developed.
- Experience working on Agile teams with the scrum team member attitude, willingness to support the team to be successful in any area necessary.
- Participate in business unit meetings sharing ideas, proposing solutions, and assisting in clarifying data queries, data analysis, and reports.
- Advanced understanding of the business line and a growing understanding of the overall organization and competitive environment.
- Able to handle problems that are difficult and complex.
- Ability to influence timelines, expectations, and proactively negotiate within department.
Will I have Direct Reports? No
- 6+ years’ experience working in an IT development capacity.
- 4+ years of back-end development experience
- 4+ years of front-end development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred or equivalent years of related development work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work with various data stores to include SQL, NoSQL, and distributed file system storage.
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with backend services written in one or more languages, e.g., Java, Node, .NET/C#, Scala, etc.
- Support development of user web applications written in the latest JS frameworks and technologies.
- Work on cloud-based and distributed computing platforms where scale and complexity are considered.
- Apply deep understanding of application and enterprise software design for implementation of data services and middleware.
- Monitor and assess the health and performance of the software application and databases.
- Assist in building out the DevOps strategy for hosting and managing our SDP microservice and connector infrastructure in the cloud.
- Assist in database design and data flow in our overall system.
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets such as: CloudFormation, Codecommit, Codebuild/Bitbucket/GitHub/GitLab, Codepipeline, Jenkins/Bamboo/CircleCI, Ansible/Chef/Puppet/Salt etc.
- Design and development experience in building and monitoring microservices in AWS.
- Experience building IaC using AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS Lambda, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS and DynamoDB, Kinesis, AWS CLI, AWS Glue, AWS Lake Formation, Athena, Sagemaker etc.
- Fundamentals in OO and distributed architectural design patterns.
- Review and coach work of lower-level professionals within the team.