Project Manager in a hospital setting
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8AM-5PM
Length of Assignment: 6 months
Required Skills: Project Management, Hospital and Epic Implementation Experience
Preferred Skills: Patient Contact Center knowledge
Experience Education Required: Bachelor’s or In lieu of bachelor’s degree, four years of professional experience will substitute.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technology solutions and applications. Coordinates interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Develops comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation. Manages operational workflow changes in conjunction with the technology solutions and applications implementation
- Coordinates the vendor selection process; assists with contract negotiations and preparations then monitors projects for conformance to approved plans and contract specifications. Coordinates acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors. Work with vendors and developers to develop or implement technology and application solutions
- Develops and monitors project budgets, which includes allocating resources and tracking and approving expenditures; prepares reports detailing the status of the project budget. Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Coordinates the work of consultants and team members assigned responsibility for various portions of a project; confers with multi-disciplinary leaders to establish work plan responsibilities and scope of authority; ensures technical proficiency and productivity of project staff and arranges for training as necessary.
- Plans and conducts project meetings with stakeholders and team members; develops and maintains a communication plan and related project status reports for key stakeholders.
- Reviews and analyzes project changes requests and makes recommendations related to the execution of these requests. Conducts risk, cost and benefit analyses, manages risk associated with projects, and devises strategies to deal with unexpected crises and unresolved risks.
- Plans and conducts change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance.
- Inspect projects for quality assurance. Performs project closure activities including release of contract and permanent team members from the project, and completing lessons learned and project implementation review of best practices.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.