Added 2 weeks ago
Are you an engineer interested in working on world class conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Are you a curious builder interested in making a difference in the lives of millions of users? Are you obsessed with quality, interested in system design, and unafraid to dive deep into complex problems at the cusp of science and engineering?
If you answered yes to the above, please apply. We are a group of software engineers and applied scientists who build engaging, world class, conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities that delight our customers. Prior ML experience is not required.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for conversational AI. You will collaborate closely with a team of speech and machine learning scientists to influence our overall strategy, and define the team’s road map. You will drive system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers.
A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a collaborative, customer-obsessed environment.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software with distributed systems, with a service based approach.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Experience developing cloud software services designed for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Experience with modern programming languages (Python, C/C++, Java) and open-source technologies
· Experience with building and maintaining production AI systems
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Added 2 weeks ago