IT Support Service Desk
4 month Contract-to-Hire
Onsite in Downtown Denver, Colorado
The IT Support technician position is responsible for the maintaining and supporting corporate systems and for providing outstanding customer service to the users of those systems. This position reports to the technical support manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide tier 1 support for end-user applications and services, including handling help desk phone calls and support tickets with outstanding customer service in a timely manner.
- Participates in the day-to-day operational tier 2 support for endpoint devices and their operating systems.
- Participates in the documentation, and development of operations and maintenance procedures within SharePoint.
- Actively collaborates with information technology staff, project managers, and end-users to gather, develop, and implement customer requirements.
- Supports ITIL processes including change, incident, request and problem management through active documentation of all service tickets and projects.
- Expands technology knowledge through personal learning and growth. Shares new knowledge through documentation and expansion of department policies and procedures.
- Deploy and upgrade end-user software.
- Daily configuration and management of end-user systems; including, but not limited to workstations, printers, and mobile devices with central desktop management software.
- Contribute to end-user documentation to assist with use of systems and software.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-year degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience with Windows OS, MAC OS, and their features, such as Azure Cloud,
- Office 365, Microsoft Windows Networking, Active Directory, PowerShell, and Group Policies
- Experience with enterprise-level deployment software such as Manage Engine Desktop Central or SCCM.
- Working knowledge of networking technology, including, but not limited to: TCP/IP, MAC protocol, wireless protocols, network interface cards, Ethernet switches, network cabling, remote access methods and securit
- Endpoint imaging experience.
- Basic knowledge of PKI infrastructure and applications
- Able to perform physical activities such as installing items and cables under furniture, loading, and unloading of IT related equipment up to 60 pounds. Works with other team members to perform equipment movement and relocation in a safe way.
- Able to operate a motor vehicle.
- May be required to travel by automobile and airplane.
- Primarily an office environment, and occasional opportunity to work remotely supporting remote offices and users.
- Business needs may require travel with overnight stays on little or no prior notification.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.