Added 4 weeks ago
Technical Project Manager Work Summary:
Role in PMO: focused on the discipline of Project Execution
• Number of concurrent active projects to manage: 3-10
• 5+ yrs. experience in a role contributing to project execution (titles can vary: project associate, project coordinator, project manager, business operations analyst, delivery management, center of excellence, or an IT generalist role).
• Includes 3+ yrs. experience directly managing a variety of technical projects (infrastructure, system implementation, systems integration, development, business systems analysis, etc.).
Daily work experience maintaining project scope, schedules/timelines, deliverables lists, status reports, and meeting reports.
• Expert communication skills demonstrated in planning and presenting in meetings, writing status reports, and technical process documentation.
• Some hands-on knowledge of general IT work activities, with enough broad SME to support project estimation and sequencing.
• Experience managing vendors, subcontractors, and teams from other departments.
• High level of ownership qualities.
• Some knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Comfortable providing direct support to C-level management.
• Experience in a bi-modal IT, or a service-centered department or agency a plus.
• PMP or other project management certification a plus.
• Smartsheet experience a plus.
• Project Management (60%): o Support directors and technical leads with project planning and resource estimation in initiation phase of projects.
o Drive project work, provide progress reporting, set resource management allocations, and conduct risk management.
o Communicate with stakeholders.
o Organize project information and present in project kickoffs.
o Draft agendas and lead regular project meetings (scrum or long-form).
o Send out weekly workplans to the project teams (internal and external).
o Keep planning active with rolling-wave planning and work breakdown of tasks throughout the project, such as during detailed work planning for sprints.
o Risk management, tracking, and documentation of delays and blockers in relation to operations and maintenance strains on project team resources.
• PMO Administrative (30%): o Track productivity and manage task reports for the tech team.
o Support new project estimation.
o Smartsheet administrative tasks: § IT Governance project charter process, project setup.
§ Updating project sheets that need revised planning or more accurate representation of completed work.
§ Removing/clarifying templated sections on active projects.
o Vendor management.
o Internal team meetings, trainings, etc.
• PMO Standards, Methodologies, and Processes (10%): o Support the Center of Excellence function of the PMO by driving projects with the best practice processes for IT.
o Conduct Minimum Viable Framework (MVF) check-ins for all enterprise projects in the portfolio in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager.
§ MVF tasks for PM (varies by size of project) • Portfolio sequencing.
• Charter phase gate.
• Project sheet setup.
• Initiate phase gate check.
• Scope reconciliation.
• Discover phase gate check
• Build phase gate check.
• Activate phase gate check.
• Service handoff coordination.
• Project closing tasks.
Where a PM will do the work:
• Smartsheet – project planning and collaboration tool.
• Resource Manager (previously 10,000Ft)– Smartsheet portal for tracking resource allocations.
• Teams – general internal communication.
• SharePoint – organize project documentation.
• O365 – slide decks for project kickoffs, email communication, miscellaneous documents, etc.
• Integrated project planning flow: project information card in IT Governance Project Charter Process Kanban -> Smartsheet project setup (from template) -> project scheduling in Smartsheet -> RM resourcing allocations -> Weekly workplan reports (from Smartsheet) for the project team -> project planning and RM updates -> Project documents organized in the Landing (SharePoint) -> Status reports as needed for stakeholder engagement.
Added 4 weeks ago