Our client is a comprehensive and integrated health system that serves nearly 25% of Denver’s population annually. Our client is looking to add a Data Analyst to join their Cancer Registry team.
Location: Hybrid – Denver, CO (6th Avenue & Broadway)
Terms: 3 month contract (possible to extend or hire full-time)
Requirements: Must be vaccinated for COVID/Flu and pass a drug/background screen
- Reviews provisional pathology log and document positive cases.
- Reviews death certificates and diagnostic indices.
- Maintains case file including information retrieved through case finding reviews.
- Abstracts and codes required Information in the ERS system. Standard is 10 per week.
- Monitors compliance for abstract completion with other cancer registry team members, permanent or contract.
- Performs monthly audits on completed work to ensure quality of work and abstract submissions.
- Responsible for on-boarding and training of other cancer registry team members.
- Accesses imaging, SSI death index, Vital Records, sending out monthly patient and physician letters; standard is 4 per hour; follow up must be done the first week of each month.
- Submits monthly transfer of total cases based on date of first contact to State Registry to maintain compliance with State timeliness standard and current completeness standard of analytic cases.
- Responsible for maintaining user account in CStar program
- Develops and maintains relationship with the State Cancer Registry and implements updated program requirements determined by local and national governing bodies.
- Retrieves information from pathology provisional list and cytology slips every Monday before the conference.
- Serves as primary contact and liaison between the oncology physicians and cancer registry program
- Documents patient social information (age, site, location, diagnosis), add any additional comments, name of presenter and case information.
- Monthly clears all errors from abstracts completed in ERS.
- Provides appropriate medical records in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 4-6 years of experience in Cancer Registry field or similar work
- 1-3 years year of medical billing/coding experience preferred